Roona Begum, a 3-year-old born in India, has been suffered from an extreme form of hydrocephalus-water on the brain. Her head swelled to three times its normal size.
And surgeons carried out a series of operations to reduce the size of Roona’s head last year. But doctors warned her parents that she had only a slim chance to survive.
And now, this week, medics has been shocked again! Not only is she alive, she is starting to smile and laugh. She is now able to crawl, eat, sleep and interact with her parents with much more comfort according to her mother, Fatima Khatun, at their home in Tripura, western India.
The hopeful parents are expecting this brave miracle baby to be able to go to school one day.
Good luck, Roona!
1. The condition caused her head to swell to three times its normal size
2. She was rushed to hospital in New Delhi, India, last year
3. A series of operations were conducted to reduce the size of her head
4. But her parents were told that she only has a small chance of survival
5. But the toddler has amazed doctors, who warned her mother Fatima, pictured, and father Abdul she wouldn’t survive.
6. She amaze the doctors after a year later
7. Surgeons were operating
8. A scan shows Roona’s head now, after surgeons managed to reduce the size of her skull
9. This was Roona at 21 months old