Safety On The Playground: A Mother’s Warning After Her Son Was Hit In The Eye By Loom Band. Then Loom Craze Arises.

0 1499

Kids are born to like playing in the playground, and parents are also willing to see them playing with other kids. But the safety on the playground is worth all parents’ attention. Recently Carlie Lawrence’s son accidently pinged bangle into his brother Kyle’s eye, and caused him temporarily blind in his left eye. This tragedy has caught the attention of parents on the danger of loom bands. And the doctor also used Facebook to warn parents over the dangers of the playground craze, in which tiny bands are woven together, either using fingers or a special plastic loom, to make friendship bracelets. (Via: DailyMail)

Kyle Lawrence, of Cleethorpes, whose left eye was injured by a loom band bracelet.

playground-safety

The incident caused a blood clot – leaving Kyle completely blind in his left eye – and Kyle is now awaiting surgery in a bid to restore his eyesight.

playground-safety

Pupils at one school, St Joseph’s and St Teresa’s School in Wells, Somerset, have created an incredible 650ft-long chain containing 60,000 loom bands. This is the loom craze.

playground-safety

playground-safety

playground-safety

The bracelets have a growing following among celebrities and sales rocketed after the Duchess of Cambridge was seen wearing one.

playground-safety

SIMILAR ARTICLES

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply