Ian Tong, from Preston, Lancashire, was a dad-of-two, and he was diagnosed with lymphoma in April, couple of days ago, he passed away. And just few hours before he died, he married his beloved fiancée Gemma at his hospital bed.
Nursing staff helped them to arrange the last minute ceremony. Ian and Gemma has two sons, 3-year-old Jayden and 1-year-old Jamie.
This is sad but also a bit of sweet. We wish Gemma and her babies could live happily ever after.
1. The couple got engaged last March but Mr Tong was diagnosed in April this year following numerous tests
2. Gemma had dreamed of a big white wedding but would cherish the memories of their ceremony ‘forever’
3. They’ve spent a couple years together
4. Mr Tong pictured swimming with dolphins – he was later diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma
5. The once cute couple
6. They’ve had two babies together
7. They were happy before Ian was diagnosed with cancer
8. Ian and Gemma Tong married at his hospital bedside just hours before he passed away from lymphoma
9. Gemma’s focus was now on caring for her sons – 3-year-old Jayden (left) and 1-year-old Jamie (right)
10. Mr Tong pictured enjoying time with his sons Jamie and Jayden