“He is virtually blind from cataracts, has no sense of smell – but his hearing is good.” Jonathan is 182 now, he may be the oldest living land creature on this planet, but he is not the oldest animal in history, there was a turtle died at 255-years-old in India, that is the oldest animal ever lived.
A photograph taken in 1882 shows Jonathan at his full size, and it can take 50 years to reach that physical maturity.
This is really incredible! Below is some facts about Jonathan, check this out!
1. Taking a selfie.
2. He should be treated with the attention and care he surely deserves.
3. Though there are no records, it’s believed that Jonathan arrived in St. Helena at the age of 50 in 1882.
4. He loves to have his neck stroked!
5. His caretaker Joe supplements his diet with a bucket of fresh fruit and vegetables every Sunday.
6. A viewing corridor was constructed at the bottom of the mansion’s lawn to keep tourists at bay and allow Jonathan to roam in peace.
7. His life has also spanned 8 British Monarchs, starting with George IV, and 51 prime ministers.
8. He’s lived through 37 U.S. presidents, starting with Andrew Jackson!