You wouldn’t believe that these amazingly stunning images were taken by an amateur, they are so professional, and literally, so shining!
These shots of the Milky Way were taken by 25-year-old Liverpool-born photographer Stephen Bank over the past month. They include some of the county’s most iconic locations such as the renowned beauty spot Durdle Door.
Stephen has spent last two years learning how to capture the night sky, and the follow is his amazing work!
1. Boats in the distance casts a glow on the horizon, revealing the beauty of the Milky Way.
2. Observing the Milky Way is best done at the height of summer when the outer spirals are most visible
3. Durdle Door
4. This stunning picture of West Bay captures the headlights from a truck parked at the cliff top which look more like beams from an alien spacecraft
5. Durdle Door
6. Lights from houses in the neighbouring villages of Chideock and Seatown appear to look like fire while high above the Milky Way looks like smoke.
7. Dorset – one of the few remaining areas in the UK to have avoided excessive light pollution