She is only ten-months-old, but this cheeky little bundle of joey has proved she’s ready!
Nupela, a tree kangaroo is the first of her species to be born in Sydney’s Taronga Zoo for over 20 years according to her keepers. She is now only a quarter of the size of a regular adult, and is growing rapidly. But she is sure confident!
Look at her cute smile!
1. The number of tree Kangaroos in captivity is currently a tiny 50 in captivity and the marsupials are listed as an endangered species
3. Nupela is Taronga Zoo’s fourth resident tree kangaroo.
4. Her mother, Qwikila (right) arrived from Belfast Zoo in Northern Ireland in January last year before she successfully mated with the zoo’s resident male, Parum
5. Nupela’s keeper, Sam Bennet, says her personality has flourished since she left her mother’s pouch and that she is often spotted playing with her mum
6. Naught girl
7. Nupela is incredibly enthusiastic during feeding time, according to her keeper, who said she is growing rapidlyk
10. The first tree Kangaroo to be born at Taronga Zoo in Sydney in 20 years
11. Pictured here at only 38-weeks-old, Nupela will stay by her mother’s side until she is about 18 months of age and weighs five kilograms