This medical museum sounded normal, but it actually is freaky and terrifying as shit! After this album, I feel like I will lose my sleep tonight. (Via: viralnova)
1. In case you’re not convinced of the freakiness yet, the Siriraj Medical Museum also goes by the nickname of “The Museum of Death.”
2. Despite such a morbid nickname, the museum serves as a valuable source for doctors and medical students.
3. The collection inside showcases a wide variety of medical oddities from around the world.
4. The oddities inside range from “Hmm interesting…” to “OMG WHAT?!”
5. Children’s skeletons.
6. A preserved fetus.
7. A cross section of a human infant.
8. A rare medical condition.
9. The result of a severe case of rickets. Because of a vitamin deficiency, the leg bones become weak and bend under the weight of the body.
10. This child had hydrocephalus, a condition that occurs when spinal fluid is unable to drain from the head.
11. As you might imagine with a place like this, the museum is rumored to be haunted.
12. Despite the generally horrifying appearance of these exhibits, there is a certain reverence among the Thai people for those who suffered and ended up as exhibits in the museum.
13. It’s not uncommon to see candy left in the museum near the bodies of the children. The sweets are meant as an offering for their spirits.