They are the best, they probably are the most fan accessible and actively charity participating players of all major sports leagues. And look at how nice they are. The truth is, hockey players aren’t the tough, brutal, manly men as some people might think. They are actually the most approachable and friendly athletes in any league. This gallery will show you the reasons. ( via: buzzfeed )
24. Because they go out of their way to make their fans happy.
Jonathan Hayward / The Canadian Press / AP
23. Almost as a matter of routine.
Mark Blinch / The Canadian Press / AP
22. All the time.
Eliot J. Schechter / Getty
21. In the big business of sports, just acknowledging that the fans are there at all can mean a whole lot.
20. Even better: waving at them.
19. And nobody does it better than hockey players.
18. In fact, they’re perfect husband/dad material.
17. Because they know how to keep things light.
16. They don’t take themselves too seriously.
15. They’re not afraid to be silly.
14. And they tell it like it is.
13. And that includes the most reserved players in the league.
12. Because they’re really just a big bunch of teddy bears.
11. Who aren’t afraid to express their softer side.
10. Whether it’s with teammates.
8. Or just for fun.
7. But they’re also very caring.
6. And know that even the smallest gesture, like getting your nails painted…
5. Or saying hello…
Getty / Steve Babineau
4. Can make a big difference.
3. Because hockey players are full of love.
2. And at the end of the day it’s all about respect.
1. And no matter what, a handshake is always necessary.
Getty / Victor Decolongon