It’s hard to deal with all these problems when you leave your hometown, it’s sad and also annoying. And here are some Gifs to make you laugh!
Scroll down and have some fun!
1. People will ask you why you’re leaving.
Because there’s a whole WORLD out there, duh.
2. And then, just as quickly, they’ll ask you when you are moving back.
3. People won’t understand your need to get out, and will criticize you for it.
“What about your family? Your friends?!” — Them
The CW / Via fruitbatfit.tumblr.com
4. People will claim jealousy and say they wish they could leave.
Here’s the thing: NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU.
5. And every time you talk to someone from home, you’ll get the same questions over and over again.
“So, do you like it?”
Walt Disney Pictures
6. You’ll visit and become nostalgic.
You’ll begin to think, “Hey, it wasn’t so bad.”
7. Then the next day, you’ll remember why you left.
8. People will insist on always seeing you as the person you were in high school.
Let It GOOOOO.
9. You will start to communicate with old friends solely through Instagram likes.
And random comments of, “Miss u so much!!! Come home!!”
10. You’ll realize that you have a certain affinity and pride for your hometown, but that it is no longer your “home.”
11. People that haven’t talked to you in YEARS will suddenly contact you.
Because you’re the one that ~ got away. ~
12. And similarly, people will constantly tell you about their sister’s friend’s cousin who ALSO lives in whatever city you’re living in.
Just in case you needed a random person that you have no connection to, to hang out with.
13. You will find yourself missing the sounds that used to drive you insane.
Like crickets. Come back crickets.
14. And you will quickly realize that you couldn’t possibly care less about the small town gossip any longer.
BECAUSE YOU’RE GONE! Byeeeee.
Universal Pictures / Via iluvgifs.tumblr.com
15. You will feel as if you have two different lives.
Part 1: Hometown
Part 2: After You Left
16. Going back to visit will never feel quite the same.
17. And while you may be happy to visit, at the end of the day, you know you made the right decision.