An individual suffering from hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac. Hypochondriacs become unduly alarmed about any physical or psychological symptoms they detect, no matter how minor the symptom may be, and are convinced that they have, or are about to be diagnosed with, a serious illness. (Wikipedia)
It’s ok to care our healthy conditions, but it’s a sickness to over-worry about it. And here are some texts every hypochondriac would feel sympathy with! Yep, I know I’ve sent some similar texts before.
1. This plea for reassurance.
2. This quietly panicky lmaoooooo.
3. This “I just bumped my head” follow-up.
4. This admission.
5. This non-poisoning.
6. This humblebrag/hypochondria half-breed.
7. This unwanted reminder of inevitable mortality.
8. This temperature report.
9. This query about botulism.
10. This “Boy Who Cried Wolf” situation.
11. This slightly aggrieved motherly patience.
12. This leap from bruise —> blood clot.
13. These warnings.
14. This “Is that a thing?” thing.
15. This sick burn.
16. This living will.
17. This other non-poisoning.
18. This brief moment of self-awareness.
19. This tough love.
20. This description of the symptoms of “being alive.”
21. This retraction.
22. This rapid escalation.
23. This non sequitur.
24. This threat of guilt.