This giant 400lbs black bear named Baloo accidently wondered into a peaceful neighborhood in Florida, though he meant no harm, but for safety concerns, Wildlife officers had to sedate him and prepared to send him back to his home in the Osceola National Forest. But he panicked after the tranquilizer started to kick in, and he began to run towards the ocean.
After he swam into the Gulf, he started to drown. Thankfully, our hero Adam Warwick, a biologist happens to be nearby, and he took the risk of being hurt to save Baloo. Fortunately, they both were safe at the end.
This is so touching a story!
Scroll down and see how Baloo was saved!
1. An adorable and large 400lb black bear stumbled his way into a peaceful neighborhood in Florida.
2. He began to panic and started running towards the ocean.
3. But as Baloo swam into the Gulf, he became woozy from the tranquilizer and started to drown.
4. Adam Warwick, who just so happens to be nearby
5. So Adam swam after Baloo.
6. “It was a spur of the moment decision. I had a lot of adrenaline pumping when I saw the bear in the water,” the brave Adam said.
7. Even though Adam knew that saving Baloo could be potentially dangerous, he was still determined to rescue him.
8. And Baloo, knew that he was safe with Adam.
9. Adam kept his head above water the entire time, and he and Baloo made it back to shallow water.
10.Adam only had one small scratch from rescuing Baloo.
11. Other team members came to help when Adam and Baloo got to shore.
12. It took a construction truck to move Big Baloo.
13. Baloo is back in the forest, safe and sound. And happy. Thanks to Adam.
Photo credits: Becky Bickerstaff, Adam Warwick / The Nature Conservancy