This is the most positive and optimistic man I’ve ever seen in my life.
A Redditor opted to have the amputation because he had been fighting a very rare bone/joint disease called Pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS), which is essentially recurring benign tumors in his ankle. He got his first radiation treatment at 21 years old.
Alongside this, he also had degenerative arthritis; so much so that when the surgeon dissected his ankle after the amputation, there was ZERO cartilage left. He had been walking bone-on-bone for a couple years now, which caused bone spurs and an incredible amount of pain (only slightly dulled by heavy narcotics).
They’re not sure how this happened, but as his pain increase over the years, they started to recall just how many snowboarding, wakeboarding, and rugby injuries were on that specific ankle. (Reddit)
1. We could saw it off…
2. We could BUZZ-saw it off…
3. Paintball it off?
4. Ryan from Sorry Mom Tattoo working away….
7. Royal Teeth @ Firefly Music Festival
8. Cherub @ Firefly Music Festival
9. Post-amputation and still supporting USMNT!
10. And, finally, the amazing surgeon himself.