We cannot live without water, but do you know what’s inside the water you’ve been drinking? There might be brain-eating amoebas and flesh-devouring bacteria living in the water that our cities use. We may not be in immediate danger, but I am not sure about the people who live in China, just check out the gross water-pollution pictures in below and you will know what I am talking about.
Though China is an extreme example, but there is no guarantee that we won’t be facing this one day. This is really worth every attention.
1. The toxic waters throughout China are a horrifying reminder of what some cities consider “acceptable” drinking water.
2. People that live in China’s rapidly industrializing towns are subject to high levels of water pollution.
3. In Wenzhou, China, it’s especially bad. The growth of industries have destroyed the water supply.
4. Not only is the water polluted, but it’s killing the fish… which is further polluting the area.
5. It’s an incredibly huge problem and it’s only going to get bigger.
6. Children shouldn’t have to be subjected to such filth.
7. But China isn’t the only one who has to deal with water pollution.
8. Leaks and spills occur all over the world, destroying ecosystems and creating toxic drinking water.
9. This kind of dirty water, like the remnants of Hurricane Katrina, are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses and amoebas.
10. Throughout many parts of China, 70-90% of the water is polluted.
11. Deadly diseases are linked to such pollution, which can affect people on a global scale.
12. No matter where you are… trusting the water may not be a wise idea.