Andrew Brant is really talented, he made this awesome redwood desk by himself, and this is GORGEOUS! This is so damn amazing, if I have a desk like this, I promise I would work hard every day!
And here is some photos of him making this desk, WOW, man, you should really be proud of yourself!
1. Redwood Slab Desk
2. Raw Slab. About 6′ long
3. It’s got a nice figure, but warped pretty bad down the middle
4. Other side
5. Saw. Cutting it from 6′ to 4′
6. Chisel. He round the bark off, and make some artistic decisions about the shape
7. Chisel. He prefers a chisel here, that’s sharp enough to be safe, but not scary sharp
8. Planed out some rough edges
9. Belt Sander
10. Cocobolo. Practicing the butterfly joint with a router on a piece of scrap oak first
12. Fit. The last step before the finish, which he did in tung oil, and a mix of satin and semi-gloss polyurethane
13. Camera Upload
16. Closeup. With a piece of maple burl for the next project!
17. Legs. Some steel legs fabricated for this desk.
19. With Stool
You can see more of his work on mtzionpress .