This girl is not only gorgeous, but also very kind and stunningly beautiful inside! She broke her ankles in a diving accident, and doctors told her she’d never walk again. It took her a year and support of her dog, Cesar to begin walking again, she said Cesar helped her throughout, and has been her rock. Less than a year later, Cesar was suffered from fibro-cartilaginous embolism – a blocked blood vessel in the spinal cord. The vets told Miss McKee that Cesar wouldn’t be able to walk unaided again. This is heartbreaking.
And She was desperately keen to get Cesar walking again as he’s been such an active dog. But Finding a cart for the ten stone Great Dane proved tricky though, with wheels of that size unavailable in the country.
Thankfully, Dogs on Wheels in London copied a US design for £500 instead of £2,000, meaning the dog could walk again.
Since getting the wheels in May, his health has improved and he is back running again.
This is such a cool story and I have to share it with you guys. Check it out in below!
1. Cesar suffered from fibro-cartilaginous embolism – a blocked blood vessel in the spinal cord – in January
2. Gemma McKeey said her pet Great Dane Cesar was her ‘rock’ when she broke her ankles in a diving accident
3.Gemma McKee (left) pictured with her fellow dancers before she badly broke her ankles in a diving accident
4. McKee, pictured bottom left, with friends and the members of One Direction before her accident
5. Miss McKee has since made a full recovery after she was told by doctors she might never walk again and may even need to have her feet amputated
6. Her pet’s help as she recovered from her injury
7. Her pet Cesar can also now run again using his new ‘wheels’
8. She was more than happy to return the favour when they discovered in January Cesar had lost the use of his back legs
9. Cesar pictured before he suffered a blocked blood vessel in his spine which disabled the use of his hind legs