This charming dog covered in soap suds all over the body was shot by Sophie Gamand, who has won the 2014 Sony World Photography Awards. This wonderful photographer has won the competition after beating off some 130,000 other entrants. And there are also some other great pictures which have won the great prizes. Now appreciate them all! (Via: DailyMail)
1. Sophie Gamand won the 2014 Sony World Photograph of the Year with this wonderful portrait of a wet dog in the middle of getting his fur shampooed.
2. Guy Martin, who won the Current Affairs category was living in Istanbul, Turkey, when protests against the current government became increasingly violent.
3. Professional photographer George Logan created this image to use as part of an advertising campaign for an internationally known cat food brand.
4. Danish photographer Morten Germund captured this image of a girl wearing a Sarah Lund style woolen jumper for the Faroe Islands advertising campaign.
5. Chin Boon Leng, from Singapore was shortlisted by the judges in the Nature and Wildlife category for this image of a baby orangutan with its mother.
6. Israeli photographer Sharon Derhy was shortlisted in the Travel category for this stunning shot from Italy which she took on old-school film.
7. This wonderful image by Mateusz Baj featuring an elderly peasant woman and her horse was deemed to be the best photograph from Poland in the competition.
8. Suvra Kandi Das from Bangladesh won an international award for this photograph of an elderly woman meditating during a Hindu religious festival.
9. Polish photographer Kacper Kowalski received an award for this hypnotic suburban landscape image that almost looks like an optical illusion.
10. French photographer Denis Dailleux was nominated for his series of portraits featuring mothers and their sons taken in the city of his birth Cairo in Egypt.
11. German photographer Mario Wezel was nominated in the People category for this heartwarming photograph of Emmy from Denmark.
12. Turkish photographer Alpay Erdem won the open Smile category with this image of a woman covered in mud jumping from a floating pontoon into a lake.
13. Taiwanese photographer Li Hao travelled to Bavaria for the Munich Oktoberfest beer festival for this critically acclaimed image.
14. Italian photographer Sandro Tedde was nominated in the Architecture category for his series of photographs featuring unusual building features.
15. Iveta Vaivode from Latvia was shortlisted in the Lifestyle category for this wonderful photograph of a distinguished looking gent on a horse drawn buggy.
16. British photographer Amanda Harman was nominated for an award in the Still Live and Gardens category for this photograph of a tree covered in spring buds.
17. German architectural photographer Nick Frank was praised for his unusual images of everyday buildings and structured by capturing them from unusual angles.