This is a project created by Crystal Lagoons, which transforms a destination into an idyllic paradise.
This should be a record-breaker with the 12.5 hectares mega lagoon of the Citystars sharm EL Sheikh tourist complex in the middle of the Egyptian desert.
1. Record breaker: The San Alfonso del Mar in Chile boasts the largest swimming pool in the world at a size of eight hectares
2. A swim with a view: The world’s largest swimming pool in San Alfonso del Mar, Chile – made by Crystal Lagoons
3. Breathtaking design: The Diamante Cabo San Lucas project in Mexico boasts crystal-clear waters and white sand
4. Beach paradise: The Diamante Cabo San Lucas project in Mexico, surrounded by guest accommodation
5. Crystal Lagoons says its unique concept can provide an unlimited size lagoon, surrounded by picturesque sandy white beaches, anywhere in the world
6. Crystal Lagoons expects to get a second Guinness World Record with the 12.5 hectares mega lagoon of the Citystars Sharm El Sheikh tourist complex
8. Paradise found: San Alfonso del Mar project in Chile – which was awarded the Guinness World Record for the largest swimming pool in the world
9. Idyllic destination: This man-made lagoon and beach is the company’s La Jolla de Asia project in Peru
10. Mohammed Bin Rashid City project in Dubai, expected to be completed by 2020, includes the world’s largest crystalline lagoon with 40 hectares