If I have a shelf above my bed, it would be damn convenient, sure I could ask some plumber to build one for me, or I could just buy one from IKEA and install it above my bed. But then there is no fun at all! This Imgurian has built one fucking awesome hanging wall desk, this project is totally worth trying!
1. Here are the original plans this Imugurian drew out and started with.
2. Started with a roughly 9 ft piece of oak.
3. He realized that this board whose end was not as uniform as the first 7ft would make a perfect desk edge against the forearm.
4. Below are all the cuts for his plans
5. Planed and sanded down all of the boards for a smooth, uniform surface.
6. Stain color – Weathered Oak. The small can was enough to cover everything. $5
7. All boards stained and drying
8. Close up of the main desk piece
9. Next up was joining the desk boards. Used a kreg jig to drill the pocket screw holes. Glued and screwed
10. Close up of the pocket holes
11. Plumbing pipe before assembly.
12. Mock assembly. A few pieces changed from final assembly, mostly due to wood thickness.
13. He included a T above the desk on the left side and at the lower right floor flange (instead of a 90 bend).
14. Next he drilled the hold in the desk for the frame.
15. As mentioned above, for the under supports he drilled about half-way in for the 1″ nipples to fit into.
16. Assembly almost complete.
17. Under assembly pic. Extension cord completely fed through.
18. Stripped the extension cord wires for re-assembly.
21. And…Completed desk!
22. Wall attachment! The desk is currently at about 30.5″ above the floor.
23. Completed project! Real awesomeness!
WOW, this is soooo amazing!! You wanna build one for yourself? Or do you have any other idea? Share your thoughts with us in below!