Pictures are created to record special moments, such as weddings, reunites, birth or death, but some pictures are used to record a history.Actually we say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and some pictures even worth more.Have a look at these 32 must-see pictures from the past.They not only help us restore a history, but also immerse us into the thought of humanity.Be prepared to be touched.
via: Bored Panda
1. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994
2. A starving child and missionary
3. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber
4. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
5. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)
6. Young man just found out his brother was killed
7. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
8. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009
9. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral.
10. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
11. Indian homeless men wait to receive free food distributed outside a mosque ahead of Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India
Image credits: Tsering Topgyal / AP
12. He was buried with full honors in 2000
13. “The Falling Man.”
14. Alcoholic father with his son
15. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009
16. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943
17. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011
18. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888
19. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory
20. Sunset on Mars
21. Jacques for little boys to smoke
22. In May 2008, cyclone Nargis struck southern Myanmar, leaving millions homeless and claiming more than 100,000 lives
23. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.
Vanderlei Almeida / Getty Images
24. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
25. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
26. Flower power
27. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
28. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head
29. An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers
Rafiq Maqbool / AP
30. Some parents, likely now in their 70′s, still looking for their missing child.