People who have watched the game of Mexico in the World Cup must have remembered one man—not the best player, nor the god-like goalkeeper, but their head coach, Miguel Herrera. During the game, you have every reason to love this guy. Though they’ve been beaten by Netherlands on June 29, they’re still a great team, and Miguel still deserves our respect. BTW, these reasons listed are just for fun, even if the Mexico was out, Miguel’s ability to take over the team is great. ( via: buzzfeed )
1. Because this is what his face looks like when he gets excited.
Dimitar Dilkoff / AFP / Getty
2. He once celebrated by burying his head in another man’s crotch.
This was after the Herrera-led Club America won their 11th league title in penalty kicks back in 2013.
3. He has a productive and respectful relationship with referees.
Mathias Hangst / Getty
I’m sure he was simply complimenting the referee’s decision.
4. Because there is no one happier to be in Brazil.
Look at that smile!
5. Because this inexplicable Spanish ska music video featuring Miguel and a cannon.
6. Because this is how he looked in his playing days…
Herrera had a 14-year club career in Mexico and was considered for the 1994 Mexican World Cup team, but lost out on the chance due to his hotheadedness — aka overflowing PASSION.
7. Because MULLET.
8. And because he proudly has a framed picture of his glorious mullet.
Yeah, that haircut was not a mistake, he was damn PROUD of his mullet.
9. Because he was nicknamed “El Piojo” (meaning louse or pest) during his playing career.
As you can see, Herrera wasn’t exactly the most talented player on the pitch, but he played with a lot of heart and was a deliberate pest to opponents.
10. Because he gives ZERO fucks.
Yeah, both of these GIFs are from the same game — a CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in 1994 against Honduras. He was sent off after this challenge, and dismissed from El Tri soon after — for being a reckless badass who would do anything to win.
11. And he doesn’t take shit from anyone.
12. Because he’s a master of the photobomb.
13. And he looks like a Danny DeVito doppelgänger in this picture with Tom Brady.
14. Because he’s totally metal…
15. And a fearless thrill seeker…
16. Who loves moster trucks…
17. And manning a charcoal grill like a motherfuckin’ boss.
18. Because rain or shine, he always brings his A-game.
Eduardo Verdugo / AP
Laurence Griffiths / Getty
19. Because no one in the world can match his passion.
20. In fact, he’s overflowing with so much passion that you never know if he’s laughing, crying, happy, angry, excited, or in extreme pain.
Hagen Hopkins / Getty
21. Because this beautiful, magnificent man has made this World Cup a lot more fun.
Laurence Griffiths / Getty